Bose speakers and soundbars do not have a built-in power button. The power button for activating Bose speakers and soundbars can only be activated by using a remote control.Sometimes the remote control may cease functioning, which means you need no way to turn on both the speaker and the soundbar.If your remote stops working, you can turn on your Bose speaker or soundbar. Let’s see how.
Turning ON Bose Speakers & Soundbars Without Remote
Here are a few options if you are unable to locate your lost soundbar remote control.
- Use your mobile as a remote control
- Use a universal remote
- Enable Power-Sync feature
- Use your TV remote
- Program your own remote for Bose speaker or soundbar
- Buy another Remote for your Bose speaker or soundbar
It is time to upgrade firmware of your Bose Soundbar/Speaker:
In order to link your Bose soundbar to your smartphone and use it as a way to manage the device, you should update the audio device’s firmware. You should do this because older versions cannot function properly with infrared sensors. New firmware versions contain the Infrared Learning functionality; it can be updated either through a computer or with the Bose phone application. The steps of using a computer are listed below.
- Click the Bose Updater link on your Web browser to open the webpage.
- Select your location then click Download to save the current update file.
- Run the Bose software updater and wait for installation to finish.
- You will need to insert a USB cable into both your computer and your Bose soundbar or speaker.
- Proceed to the download and launch the Rosen updater file on your computer. Proceed to and then click Install All Available Updates.
- After the installation is finished, disengage the soundbar from the computer.
1. Use Your Smartphone to Turn ON Bose Soundbar:
Did you know that you can use your smartphone to turn on your Bose soundbar? You don’t need the remote control to do it! All you need is the BoseConnect app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices. If you lose your remote or if it runs out of batteries, don’t worry – you can still use your smartphone to turn on your Bose soundbar. This is a great feature to have in case of an emergency!
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone and the Apple store on your iPhone. Download the ControlSpace Remote Custom app.
- Press the Allow button if it has asked permission.
- You will be offered the app’s main home page, and after that, you will be able to choose the power ON/OFF settings.
- The interface of this software program is complicated. Thus, you have to experiment a bit to understand how to use it.
- This app can also conduct other control functions and performs very well as a remote for your speakers made by Bose.
2. Use Your TV Remote to Turn ON Bose Soundbar:
If you’ve misplaced your soundbar’s remote, or just don’t feel like getting up to turn it on, there’s no need to worry. You can use your TV remote to turn your Bose soundbar on and off. Despite this, your TV needs to support HDMI CEC features.Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a feature of HDMI designed to allow users to command and control devices connected through HDMI by using only one remote control.
You’ll simply need to connect your soundbar or speaker to the TV via the HDMI port labeled as HDMI ARC or eARC . Then, enable the HDMI CEC feature on your TV by pressing the menu button on your remote control and opening the Options menu. Go to the General tab and click External Device Manager or a similar option. Find the HDMI-CEC and enable it. Note that HDMI CEC may be called a different name on your TV.
3. Program a Universal Remote Control:
Universal remote controls are available in many stores. It can also be programmed to control different devices. Most people already have an universal remote control at home. This is a preferred method to turn on your Bose speaker or sound bar without an original remote. You can program the remote using the steps below.
- Launch the Bose Music application on your phone, and then click the Settings menu.
- Click on the Universal Remote tab on the toolbar, then click on the Advanced button.
- Press Pair New Remote . Now, remove the batteries of the universal remote control and reinsert them after 30 seconds.
- The app will recognize your remote and pair with it.
4. Enable Power Sync Function:
You can actually turn your Bose soundbar or speaker on and off without a remote by utilizing another helpful function. Power-Sync also automatically turns the on/off switch on your soundbar on/off.If you can switch on the television remote, the Bose soundbar will also switch on, and the same goes for it when it is switched off. By means of this method, to activate this feature is: If the television remote switches on the Bose soundbar, the television is switched on. To initiate this function, follow these steps.
Go to the Settings menu in your phone’s Bose Music app and click the Device icon on the top right of the screen to modify the setting.Navigate to the Power tab, click the button marked Power Sync, and enable it by toggling the button to the On mode.Next, connect your Bose soundbar to your trusted device. Click Sync with TV or Sync with Source – the cable box.
5. Bose Remote Control Replacement:
If the original Bose remote is lost, you can purchase a replacement. Bose allows you to buy a new remote for your bose speaker or soundbar from its website. Should you not find it there, visit your local Bose customer support and they can present you with an alternative like they did to others in the past.
In conclusion, there are several ways to turn on Bose speakers and soundbars without a remote. We discussed mostly all the ways to Turn ON Bose Speakers & Soundbars Without Remote. These all ways are the simplest way to turn on Bose speakers. We provide you with the easiest steps and hopefully this article has provided you with all the information you need to get started. Don’t worry about anything we are available for you a So turn up the music and enjoy!
Vizio Sound Bar Flashing White Lights
How To Reset Vizio Sound Bar